Chaffee Oromiyaa Should Stop Handing Over Major Oromian Towns to TPLF
A Statement of Qeerroo Bilisummaa Opposing the Addis Ababa Master Plan Approved by Caffee Oromiyaa
Finfinnee (Addis Ababa)
The so called “Parliament of the Oromia Regional State” aka Caffee Oromiyaa has currently rectified the so called Addis Ababa Integrated Developmental Master Plan which is prepared by the TPLF led federal government to evict Oromo farmers from their ancestral land and control several Oromo towns and eventually dismantle the state of Oromia. The National Youth Movemnet for Freedom and Democracy (NYMFD) aka Qeerroo Bilisummaa Oromoo strongly condemns this plan and hereby releases the following seven-point statement declaring to mobilize Oromo youth for an intensified resistance and protest to stop its implementation.
This so called Master Plan is declared as an organized campaign by the minority Tigrean led federal government of Ethiopia to exterminate and assimilate the Oromo as an indigenous people and destroy and dismantle our homeland Oromia and control our natural resources. The so called proclamation is exclusively prepared by the TPLF elite circles and presented to the so called Caffee Oromia Parliament, which is composed of members of the so called Oromo People’s Democratic Organization (OPDO), an organization which is nominally considered as part of the ruling EPRDF party but in essence under the complete control of the Tigrean People’s Liberation Front (TPLF). As expected, the Caffee Oromian Parliament, on its conference of October 1 – 3, 2015, has approved a more extended plan not only to expand the capital Addis Ababa to include several neighboring Oromo towns but also to put several Oromian towns beyond the reach of the capital under the TPLF/EPRDF federal administration. Nothing more is expected from this parliament as its members are cherry-picked from some Oromo speaking dummies by TPLF elites through the so called 2015 sham election in which the EPRDF declared 100% victory. Qeerroo Bilisummaa Oromoo condemns this evil plan in the strongest possible terms and will wage a bitter and Oromia wide struggle to stop its implementation.
This declaration of “Master Plan” can be seen as a declaration of war on the Oromo people. It is intended not only to take away Oromo land and resources but also to destroy the Oromo culture, language, and identity and dismantle our ancestral land Oromia and eradicate the Oromo people from the face of the earth. The organization of Qeerroo Bilisummaa Oromoo, Oromo youth, Oromo students and the Oromo people in general once again strongly denounce this plan and will do everything possible to stop its implementation.
The Ethiopian Federal government had attempted to pass this so called Addis Ababa Master Plan in 2014 to control and to incorporate several big towns such as Ambo, Jimma, Mattu, Nekemte, Ghmbi, Waliso, Adama, Shashemene, Haromaya and others. At that time Qeerroo Bilisummaa and Oromo students submitted a nine-point appeal to all concerned government bodies. Since our appeal fell on deaf ears, we opposed the plan by igniting an Ormia-wide protest in which at least 280 Oromo students have been killed hundreds more wounded and tens of thousands jailed and tortured. The current declaration approved by Caffee Oromiyaa is done on the graves of the lives hundreds of Oromo school children killed in 2014 in opposition of the same plan. It is a declaration intended to be implemented through the barrel of the gun and by way of terrorizing the Oromo public. It is a historical crime against humanity and Caffee Oromiyaa and the TPLF government will be responsible for its consequences.
It is imperative that the entire Oromo people throughout the world not only strongly condemn but also stand in unison and resist and prevent it from being implemented. Qeerroo Bilisummaa therefore is determined to stand on the way of this evil plan and fight for the right of our people and hereby declare the following seven-point resolutions.
- We members of Oromo youth and Qeerroo hereby declare to wage and intensify an Oromia-wide protest of the Oromo people opposing the so called Master Plan of the TPLF led Ethiopian regime currently approved by the so called Caffee Oromiyaa who claims to represent the Oromo people. We will strongly support the voices of the Oromo youth recently manifested at Lake Arsadi (Bishoftu) Irreechaa festival and at Malkaa Ateetee Irreechaa event in Burayyuu through various traditional songs and slogans denouncing the Master Plan and uphold the resolutions informally passed by Oromo youth on those events.
- We call upon the Oromian Regional Administration and Caffee Oromian Parliament to immediately nullify and stop the Master Plan and extended plan to give away and sell Oromian towns as approved on October 1 – 3, 2015. We hereby declare that the so called Caffee Oromian Parliament does not in any way represent the Oromo people and does not speak for the Oromo people. Therefore, any resolution passed, including the current master plan, is null and void. If Caffee Oromian Parliament doesn’t cancel this plan, the Oromo people should stand up and request for this body to be legally responsible for the historical crimes it committed on the Oromo generation.
- We reiterate that Caffee Oromian Parliament will be solely responsible for the crimes of killing, abduction, arrest, torture that have been committed by the TPLF/EPRDF government on the Oromo people and other oppressed people of the Ethiopian Empire and that are yet to be committed as a consequence of the resistance of the Oromo public.
- We call upon the Oromo youth, Oromo civil servants, Oromo farmers, Oromo students, Oromo health professionals, members of Oromian police, Oromos who serve in the military of the regime to hold members of Caffee Oromian Parliament represented in your area responsible for their actions of crimes in the name of being their “representatives”.
- We cannot keep silent while our homeland Oromia is dismantled; our land is sold to transnational investors; our people are incarcerated, tortured and killed in mass on a daily basis; our students are dismissed from school, our farmers are evicted from their ancestral land; and the lives of millions of Oromos are taken away by man-made famine and disease. Therefore, we call upon the entire Oromo people to stand in unison and struggle for our rights and stop this evil so called Master Plan.
- We call upon all Oromo political and civic organizations, Oromo intellectuals and Oromo business men and women to join the Oromo people and the Oromo youth and avert this evil plan approved by Caffee Oromiyaa. We reiterate that it is your responsibility to liberate your homeland and your people from subjugation and save your country Oromia from being dismantled and dismembered into several pieces.
- We call upon members of the Oromian Police and Oromian militiamen and Oromos serving the regime in the military to join your people and oppose the master plan approved by Caffee Oromia for the intention of controlling the Oromo people and our homeland Oromia.
Victory to the Oromo people!
Qeerroo Bilisummaa Oromoo,
October 15, 2015